Thursday, August 29, 2013

Worst Blogger Ever

Seriously! Even my return to blogging is failing. You guys will have to be patient with me...maybe eventually I will get back to multiple posts per week but for now every once in a while is gonna have to cut it.

I think I mentioned in my last post that we have been thinking about injections for Gats recently as he is now 16 (holy crap) and experiencing a bit of stiffness. He is never off and always works out of it but I do want him to be as comfortable as possible. Well, last week the vet came out and trotted, flexed him etc....Verdict: On a scale of 1-4 he is maybe a 1.5 so NO injections!!! I am super pleased with this as well as with the fact that my vet commented on how fit and healthy he looks. We did decide to move forward with an injectable supplement and will be starting him on Adequan as soon as it's back on the market.

Gats has had a couple easy weeks as I went to England to visit the in-laws and go to my brother-in-laws wedding. Super fun, amazing time. Hopefully pics will be up soon and I can share some!

Now I am working on healing myself:( I have an old shoulder injury that has been acting up lately so I am doing physical therapy twice a week and going in for a cortisone injection on Tuesday. With all that going on I am planning on ramping up to our normal workload a little slower than usual after a vacay. After all, we do have until November for Galway! And, before vacay, vet, shoulder, etc. we took Gats out on our little XC field to play and he was super fantastic so I am feeling good about being ready for an event.

xoxo,
Elena & Gatsby

1 comment: