Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Lot to be Thankful For

This morning I took Gatsby for a bareback walk around the arena, chatting with our BM who was walking a client horse. So thankful that Gatsby is happy, *mostly* healthy, and relaxed enough for me to ride bareback even while rehabbing! Also very thankful to be at a barn with such wonderful people who I truly enjoy sharing this hobby with.
Love him. 

As I mentioned, tomorrow is a big day for my family. It's always a tough time of year as almost 4 years ago a very close friend passed away who was a HUGE part of our Thanksgiving tradition. I would say it's only the last couple of years that  I've been able to start to appreciate the holiday again without him. I know I will feel very sad tomorrow, as I always do when I am reminded of him, but I am also very grateful for all of the amazing people who are still a part of my life and who have more recently become part of my life.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving.

xoxo, Elena

7 comments:

  1. Thankful for YOU friend :) Have a beautiful day today, you deserve it. OMG, I remember when I was rehabbing Navy from splint surgery at raintree and was bopping around bareback and a halter around the track and he barely spooked, I fell off (on my feet) and he galloped full tilt back to the barn up the driveway. I dont think I'd ever seen Dana that mad before :P I clearly dont have a very good track record with bareback, LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I totally remember that day at Raintree by the way! I was in a lesson with Roo and all of a sudden Navy came galloping up the track!

      Delete
  2. Sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you're finding enjoyment in the holiday again. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you had a nice holiday:)

      Delete
  3. Happy Holidays! I LOVE that you can ride bareback, that says a lot about the bond you have with your horse! I am sorry for your loss but your gratitude in spite of your loss is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! Hope you had a lovely holiday as well!

      Delete