Wednesday, November 6, 2013

GREAT NEWS!!!

AMAZING NEWS GUYS!!!!! I GET TO RIDE GATSBY ON TUESDAY!!!! 

Haha, can you tell how excited I am??? It will have been 5 weeks since I have ridden him and man, oh man have I missed it. Not that I haven't enjoyed every single minute of our hand walks, because I have, but there is something magical about sitting on his back. He is such a special beyond special horse to me and I am so excited that we are back on track to move forward in our partnership. 

Having said that, we have definitely renewed some sort of bond over the last 4 weeks of his rehab. See, last December I made the decision to move him to a 24/7 pasture at our barn and he has been living out there with one of the BO's mares ever since and they have grown quite attached to each other. Prior to the move, Gatsby would always walk up to the gate to see me when I arrived, even if he had just been fed his dinner. Since the move, not so much. It's not that he doesn't seem happy to see me, it's just that he clearly has another love now. This might sound totally cheesy and superficial but the fact that he has gone back to his old habits has made me smile quite a bit recently. There is just nothing like seeing him waiting for me at the gate, excited for our next adventure.

In Kanye news, the swelling has gone down almost completely in his sheath area so I think we have nothing to worry about, which is great. I am planning on making this a major training weekend for him. I don't want to over face him but I do want to set some solid work to make the transition to under saddle as easy as possible. Saturday we will do some long lining, just walking around the field that we take our normal walks on and Sunday......I am going to pony him off one of our other horses!!! Super excited for that. I think he will do just fine but, you never know:)


xoxo, Elena

9 comments:

  1. Great news!! I'm glad both boys are doing well. Have fun with the ponying. I love to pony horses. That's one thing I hate that I have not been able to do with Chrome since I don't have another horse to ride. Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay so glad the ponies are both doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Just in time for No Stirrups November...sort of:)

      Delete
  3. Exciting! There's nothing like that special horse. :-) So glad you're getting back in the saddle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Love reading about all Courage's adventures lately!

      Delete
  4. That special bond with a pony is the best feeling ever! Seems like an injury is awful until you realize how it strengthens your bond! Good luck ponying!

    ReplyDelete