Thursday, February 6, 2014

Big News!!

Not horse related but I have some very big news to share with you all.

I have just officially given notice at my job. This was a difficult decision for me because their are many aspects of my job that I really enjoy but, overall, it is not what I want a career in and therefore, not the right fit for me. I have decided to go back to school to get a Master's in Marketing (ahem, any advice would be welcome Nicku) which is a field I have been interested in since I graduated from UCSB.

For the immediate future, my plans are to stay at my current job until the end of April, spend May in the UK spectating at Badminton, looking at a couple schools, interning at Rapanui Clothing and meeting my new niece or nephew. I will spend the first half of June traveling with George before coming home to plan out my next steps but they will either involve doing some temp work or finding an entry-level Marketing position in SB.

The downside of this is that is six weeks that I will be away from the ponies. That is definitely going to be difficult but I think it is important to pursue all of my passions/interests. I'm sure they will still love me when I return.

xoxo, Elena

7 comments:

  1. Marketing is a great skill to have, especially if you want to have your own business.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sounds like a great summer, that will be a great degree to get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am literally counting down to the summer:)

      Delete
  3. I work in marketing too. Good field with a lot of versatility and available jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually what drew me to it...so many opportunities and for so many types of companies! Did you do a graduate degree for it or just undergrad?

      Delete