- Successfully move up to 20 minutes of trot-work by the end of the month.
- Sort of success. This did happen but it was officially on February 2nd...
- Start to re-develop muscles and fitness.
- This is a work in progress for sure. I have started riding him with draw reins on some of rides which is definitely helping. Right not we are not cleared for any hill-work or poles so that is definitely limiting.
- Lots of lateral work at the walk. I'd really like to improve our technique here and get everything going correctly before we start asking for it at the trot again.
- Definite success here. I alternate between using our long walks for hacks around the property and for serious dressage work. Gats seems to be responding well to both options.
- Be able to do our trot-work on the track with NO explosions.
- Don't know if this is ever going to happen. We have done our trot-work on the track a few times so far and to be fair, he hasn't been awful. Considering there are explosions even when we are in the arena I think this is a pretty big stretch.
- Learn to ground-drive.
- Start work on the lunge line with the faux-ssoa system.
- Make progress on pony rides, NO BITING!
Kanye really got hit with the brunt of my busy-ness over the last month. On the days I was able to make time to work with them it was usually only enough time for one so Kanye got relegated to a few hand walks and lots of treats, I don't think he minded to be honest. I did sit on him for the first time though! It was very brief and very tackless but he had a great attitude about it!
- Be ready to move up to 30 minutes of trot-work by the end of the month.
- Work on relaxation/stretching at the walk and trot. Really get that back swinging!
- Straightness! This is a great time to get us on track in this area while we don't have much else to focus on.
- Actually ground-drive!
- Lunge in the faux-ssoa at least once!
- Maybe try some more pony rides or...one or two short actual rides?!?!!?