- Successfully compete at Training level.
- Get our dressage score in the 30-35 range.
- Compete in at least one dressage show at Training 3 (possibly First level if all goes well).
- Compete in at least one jumper show at 3'7 (possibly 3'9 if all goes well)
- Qualify for and successfully complete the T3D at Galway in November.
- Feel confident and prepared for a move up to Prelim next season. (Possibly do one Prelim this season if everything goes spectacularly).
- Continue to work on keeping Gatsby relaxed and fluid to his fences. I would love to have him jumping a small course in this new mindset by month end.
- Continue to work on keeping him relaxed and FOCUSED in our dressage work.
- Start playing with deeper leg yields and more significant extensions.
- KEEP HIM STRAIGHT. I have A LOT of work to do with using my outside aides more effectively and consistently.
- Lunge at least once a week with side reins.
- Venture out of the arenas and explore the trails/galloping track at our new home.
- Map out a conditioning plan for this season.
- School cross-country fences at home at least once? (This is a maybe because I am not sure how mine/Alexis' schedules will match up on the weekends for the rest of the month.)
This weekend I am going home to celebrate the superbowl and go linedancing with my BFF and then on Monday I am going to a Warriors' game. Gatsby will be getting a few days off since my barn is going schooling at Twin this weekend so Alexis won't be able to ride him. I have no doubt that he will be ready to roll come Tuesday though!