- Recover well from tendon injury and get back to full work.
- Compete in 1-2 horse trials, combined tests, etc.
- Compete in a couple local dressage shows.
- Stay happy, healthy, sound and fit.
Depending on how the remainder of his rehab goes, I'd like to shoot for a HT in April, probably at Novice since he's coming back from the injury. If that goes well I'd like to do a Training event or two sometime over the course of the season, all depends on travel, work and finances. Mostly I want him to stay healthy this year but I would love to be able to look back at this time next year and see some concrete progress being made, especially in our dressage work.
- Be confident on the lunge line, working freely and with lunge tack.
- Develop a solid basic under saddle skills. Be able to WTC and possibly jump small courses.
- Do as many new things as possible, trail rides, new places, etc.
- Possibly compete at a very low-level at a local schooling show.
- Successfully move up to 20 minutes of trot-work by the end of the month.
- Start to re-develop muscles and fitness.
- Lots of lateral work at the walk. I'd really like to improve our technique here and get everything going correctly before we start asking for it at the trot again.
- Be able to do our trot-work on the track with NO explosions.
- Learn to ground-drive.
- Start work on the lunge line with the faux-ssoa system.
- Make progress on pony rides, NO BITING!
That's actually quite a bit for both of them so we'll have to see what actually gets done with my work schedule and all. Right now I'm looking at getting to the barn around 6:30 for my morning rides just so I can fit them in! Daylight Savings, get here faster!!!