Thursday, January 2, 2014

Holidays & 2013 Recap

I hope everyone had some really nice holidays, wherever you may have been. Hubs and I had a wonderful surprise visit in England with his family. They are such warm, fun, friendly people and I always feel totally at home there. It was a very much needed relaxing week and I even got to ride a couple of times! I rode with one of George's friends from high school who show jumps. She has an adorable 16.1 ISH mare who I got to ride, she is VERY feisty, would definitely get along with Gatsby!

Back home now and getting back into the groove of things. Gatsby had his first trotwork since October yesterday and I ponied Kanye for the first time. Both went well but neither was without some hiccups...Gatsby had some explosions and Kanye kept biting the pony horse...

Now time for a year in review so I can get down to making some goals for 2014! First half of the year may be difficult as I wasn't back to blogging yet...

January

From what I recall this was a pretty cold and boring month. Wasn't yet motivated enough to do real work with Gatsby and wasn't too thrilled with my job. 

February

Went up to NorCal for Nicku's engagement party, tried on wedding dresses. Riding got put on the back burner as I rushed to prep for the big day.
Didn't go with this one.

March

Gave notice at my job, continuing crazy wedding prep, drove up to SF again to show George's brother and his girlfriend around, started my current job, enjoyed showing George's family around SB. Riding got pushed aside some more:( Did LOTS of wedding crafting.
Sister-in-law and sister-in-law-to-be

April

The big day arrived and was AMAZING! Missed out on a Debbie McDonald clinic at my barn which was probably for the best considering Gatsby had quite a few days off leading up to it. Drove up to Twin Rivers to spectate on XC day and decided I needed to get back out there. Went to one of my best friend's weddings in Carmel Valley. Couldn't afford any lessons but did TONS of dressage and started to get Gatsby and myself back in shape.

One of the best days ever.

May

Continuing working on our dressage, had a couple jumping lessons thrown in, really enjoying having some sort of goal again. George left to travel with the kids he teaches. I missed him a lot but tried to focus all of my energy on riding to keep busy. Loving my new job also which helped.
Worked on getting back to this.

June

Starting jumping more regularly. Went to Vegas for the first time since turning 21, decided it's not really my scene. Booked my flight to Europe to see George. Gatsby continued to be amazing and I loved him more and more every ride.
Vegas with my UCSB besties

July

Went to Croatia, Venice and Paris with George. My lovely friend Kim rode Gatsby for the first time in a dressage clinic and he was wonderful. Still toying with Galway in November. Decided to start blogging again!
Photo: Your boy was a super star! I had so much fun, he was lovely and relaxed (mostly, he is still Gatsby - don't worry :). Thank you Elena Drake-Knight!! We miss you and hope you are having a blast!
Gatsby loves Kim!

August

Started to think about hock injections for Gatsby. Blogged a little. Went to England for my brother-in-law's wedding and an amazing Harry Potter Studio Tour. Decided against injections for Gatsby but to try Adequan instead. Drove up to NorCal for Nicku's BEAUTIFUL wedding and had a fantastic time!

How I feel at the HP Studio Tour

September

Turned 24. Got the cutest puppy ever. Sent in my entry for Fresno Horse Trials. But a ton of new crap for the show. Jumped 4'1 for the first time in a long while. Went to another wedding.

We want to do this again.

October

Prepped like crazy for the Fresno HT. Found a really cute 2 y/o at the track and considered buying him. Gatsby got injured:( I bought Baby Yeezy! Got my first blogger award. Realized I have no idea how to train a baby horse...wished myself luck. Best blogging month of the year.

New puppy. New pony.

November

Visited NYC. Started walking Gatsby under tack. Started a 5 day blogging challenge (still haven't finished it...). Celebrated Thanksgiving with my family and George's parents.
NYC is beautiful in the fall

December

Had freezing temps. Participated in an awesome blogger gift exchange. Got the go ahead to start trotting Gatsby. Celebrated Christmas on the other side of the pond with George's family.
Photo: Elena and Bella
Riding in England!


I hope 2014 is just as amazing as 2013! Can't wait to see what it has in store for us!!





13 comments:

  1. You were up here and I could have met you whattttt *cry*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry! We are planning a visit later this month!!

      Delete
    2. Good, give me a heads up. Lnwillia at gmail dot com

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1) Vegas isn't my scene at all either
    2) Blog about Croatia sometime!!! That's on my potential travel list this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was only there for about 24 hours so no pictures and not much to blog about. I will make sure to document any future travels though!

      Delete
  4. Cool that you had a great year! I'm Paola, aka American Girl and wanted to introduce myself. I find your blog through an Ammy Hour post and wanted to say hello and follow. I too want to compete at FEI level, so good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thank you for following! Good luck with your FEI goals as well!

      Delete
  5. Looks like a great year! I wish you many new adventures for 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fab year!! :)

    Bring on 2014 and even better things!

    PS. jumping 4'1 .. you're braaave! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! 2013 will probably be pretty hard to beat but I have a good feeling about 2014.

      I'm not really brave, Gatsby is just amazing. He jumps 4'1 like it's not even there, he is so freakishly athletic it's ridic.

      Delete