Seven great things/strengths in your riding life
- My amazing horses.
- Supportive family who encourages me to continue pursuing what I love.
- Ability to afford to keep Gatsby and Kanye (even if it doesn't always seem practical).
- Wonderful barn where I know Gatsby gets the best of care.
- Stubborn attitude which has allowed Gatsby and I to get to where we are today.
- Enthusiasm to always keep learning and trying.
- Great group of friends to share horse life with (barn and online).
Seven things you lack or covet for you or your horse
- Truck and trailer so we can go places and do things.
- New saddles, dressage and jumping.
- More $$$ to pay for lessons and shows.
- New tack that isn't saddles.
- Nice schooling attire.
- Fancy navy dressage coat with velvet collar.
- Enough funds to not have to hold back on any medical/preventative treatments.
Seven things that make you angry
- People who don't understand the relationship riders have with their horses; they are more than just pets!
- People who don't understand how difficult riding actually is.
- People who "borrow" other peoples tack, grooming supplies, feed, etc. and never return/repay it.
- When I get overly frustrated and end up riding terribly and making things worse.
- People who don't appreciate how amazingly lucky they are to be able to afford to ride, in whatever capacity they can.
- People who don't give their horses enough love and treat them more like sporting equipment.
- People who don't wear helmets. I just don't get it, why take that risk?!?! (Even more so when they have already had multiple concussions.)
Seven things you neglect to do or cut corners on
- Cleaning my tack.
- Grooming well.
- Pulling mane.
- Riding as often as I should (sometimes).
- Sheath cleaning - not as often as I should.
- Organizing/keeping my trunk organized.
- Working with Kanye as much as I should.
Seven most expensive things you own for your horse/riding
- Board/lessons/shows over the years.
- Custom Stubben jump saddle.
- Kniedersuiss dressage saddle.
- Mountain Horse Field boots.
- Ariat Dress boots.
- Tack trunk.
Seven guilty pleasures or favorite items
- Mountain horse boots.
- Purchasing Kanye.
- Gatsby's board/supplements/etc.
- Stubben dressage bridle.
- Royal blue everything.
- Tack of the Day or Bit of Britain sales.
- Spending a few extra minutes at the barn and being late to work.
Seven things you love about horses and riding
- The smell of the barn.
- Hugging my horses.
- The feeling of accomplishment when I have a really good ride.
- The exhilaration of going cross-country.
- The amazing bond I have with Gatsby and am forming with Kanye.
- The work ethic, focus, motivation, drive that riding has taught me over the years.
- Everything else.