Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Viva Carlos Blog Hop: What's In Your Name?

Thank you L for hosting another blog hop!

What is the story behind your blogname/url?

My blog story isn't very exciting unfortunately. I was introduced to horse blogs by Nicku at The Polka Dot Periodical and stalked a few blogs for probably a few years before deciding to try one out myself. After I moved to Berkeley in 2010 I felt pretty lonely and decided it would be a good time to start building a larger community of horse friends and also to chronicle my journey with Gatsby.

I didn't really think much about my blog name, I wanted something sort of clever and horse-related and, as cross country has always been my favorite phase, Out of the Box just jumped out at me. I like the name because I feel like nothing about my journey with Gatsby has been routine, I bought him as a crazy OTTB when I should have been looking for something much more mellow and with much more experience and our journey together has had ups, downs and jumps all over the place as we've tried to figure out what works for us.






3 comments:

  1. I always just assumed it meant out of the box as in outside of the box not like the XC out of the start box. Very cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same as Hillary. Very cool. I didn't know Gatsby is an OTTB. Would you like to be features in my Stories from off the Track series? Email me at paola.pedranti@gmail.com if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not being an eventer I always wondered what Out of the Box meant :)

    ReplyDelete