Monday, March 10, 2014

Sloth Undone

After my seven deadly sins post last week I felt pretty bad about my Sloth list. Luckily we had some amazing weather this weekend and I didn't have much in the way of plans so I was able to tackle some of my items.

Saturday was about a bazillion degrees and I was running late. I contemplated having a slightly short ride but when I brought Gatsby down the barn and saw how horribly dirty he was I opted for a bath instead. I think he enjoyed the extra on-the-ground attention and he definitely looked way better afterwards, definitely need to up my grooming routine though as he has developed some icky fungus recently on his belly and near his stifles.
Gatsby would never stand this nicely for a bath.

Sunday was fantastic because I literally had nothing else planned so I was able to spend from 11:30am to 3pm at the barn guilt-free. Brought Gatsby down and gave him a thorough grooming, lots and lots of currying to get that winter coat out! He was clearly feeling a bit fresh so I threw the draw reins on and I am oh so glad I did, he practically exploded in our first trot set, complete with canter piaffe, sideways bucking, etc. Luckily he calmed down after the first 5-minute set and I was able to get some really nice dressage work in without using the draw reins much. I was even able to do one whole sit sitting and I had a feeling we looked pretty fancy! Gatsby got hosed down and ice booted afterwards while I cleaned my tack for probably the first time since October (possibly longer).

Got back in my car to head home and realized that my new BoT gear had arrived and I had totally forgotten about it! Oh well, I will break that out on Wednesday. My knee has been a bit ouchy so I think I will wear my knee brace tonight.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good guilt-free horsey weekend! Can't wait to hear how you like your new BoT gear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will write a review as soon as I have tried it out a couple times:)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. At least it gives me some things to focus on!

      Delete
  3. Tersedia banyak informasi yang dapat anda temukan dengan mengikuti website yang tersedia dibawah ini.

    Situs Panas
    Info jitu
    Koin Pulsa
    Hoki Pasti
    Cheat Pasti
    Cheat Game Onlines
    Situs Cerita Dewasa

    ReplyDelete